Today we launched a fantastic new way of shopping using our Virtual Mirror tool. Now you can upload a photo of yourself and see which glasses look best on you whilst shopping the site. Or a little tip, try shopping as a celebrity, hours of fun. Scroll to the bottom of this post for my celeb pic.
This is a huge improvement on our previous Virtual Mirror tool. You now upload your photo once and it stays with you throughout your journey (previously the mirror was on a separate page) – much better for choosing your perfect glasses!
Top tips on using the Virtual Mirror
1. Arrive at a product page and you’ll see a box with the glasses on a person’s face:
2. By mousing over you get a list of options:
3. Click on it and you’ll see this:
4. You can pick another photo, upload a photo or even take a picture of yourself if you have a webcam. Here’s our David testing it out for you:
5. Adjust it if necessary:
6. Et voila! There you are on screen!
And if you get bored of looking at your own face whilst shopping, why not try being a celeb for a day! Today I am mostly being Angelina Jolie.
You won’t find every pair of glasses modelled just yet, it’s a pretty complex process because unlike other technology, with our Virtual Mirror you can see your head wearing glasses at different angles.
COMING SOON: We’re also launching our Video Mirror technology shortly, a great new way of seeing in real-time how you look in glasses!