If you’ve ever wanted to try on your glasses before you buy them, you’ll love our free Home Trial. Created with the purpose of making buying glasses easier, this is a service to know.
One of the main things that people struggle with when buying online is knowing how a certain product will look on. This also happens to be one of the main things people particularly struggle with when it comes to buying glasses online. After all, when you head down to your local opticians you can literally try on hundreds of styles. That’s why you shouldn’t ignore our free Home Trial service. It’s a really great way of discovering what works for you and what doesn’t. Think of it as a changing room in the comfort of your home.
About the Glasses Direct Home Trial Service
First launched in 2009, the Glasses Direct Home Trial service makes buying online that much easier. I mean, what could be better than trying on your favourite styles before you buy? Not only does this save you time buying and returning, but it’s no hassle at all and absolutely free!
How Does Home Trial Work?
With the Glasses Direct free Home Trial, you can try up to four frames (excluding Boutique) for seven days! Yes, that’s a WHOLE WEEK. In this time you’re free to wear your specs out, show them off to family, friends and colleagues, and to get a real feel for how the frames will actually work with your day-to-day life. Once the seven days are up, simply pack up the glasses back in the package you received them in, then pop them into a post box. We’ll send you an email to confirm we’ve received them. You’re then free to place your order or order another Home Trial! It’s that easy… and did we mention, free?!
Watch blogger, Kate Winney as she talks through the benefits of our free Home Trial service.
Now you know the basics, here are a few FAQs.
- How do I order my Home Trial?
- For a full step by step, check out our Home Trial page here.
- How do I make sure I find the right frames?
- To check you’ve found the right frames, make sure they feel comfortable and that the sides are the right length. Remember you can also ask friends and family for their opinions too!
- Can I try it outside the UK?
- Unfortunately, our Home Trial service is only available to UK customers. But don’t worry if you’re abroad. Why not give our Virtual Try-On a go!
- How much is it?
- Our Home Trial is free. However, when ordering you’ll be asked to supply your card details. This is simply for security and validation purposes. You will not be charged.
- Can I Home Trial any frame?
- You can Home Trial any frame that has a ‘FREE HOMETRIAL’ icon next to it. Alternately, you can use our Virtual Try-On.